Sunday, May 4, 2008

Preparing for Glory ... Part III: The Greaves

Well, JJ has been busy with many things, my stuff included. I don't know if he's working on my sandals and shield yet, but I've emailed him and wait with bated breath for an answer. I have several folks - Andrea and Russ among them - waiting to see what I look like in the full outfit (or lack thereof). I'm really looking forward to it too.

I got WIP (work in progress) photos of my greaves and they indeed look spectacular. I know they will be comfortable since this is the same expert that did my LOTR greaves. JJ is going to put straps on the greaves rather than the lacing in the movie version. From his experience and mine, straps on steel on your arms and/or legs are a LOT more comfortable than lacing.

"Steel, not bronze?" I hear you say? Well, bronze is harder to work with according to JJ and also doesn't last as well. We decided to chemically and heat treat the steel to give it that burnished look and it's also is a good deal lighter to wear. Excellent reasons for using modern materials!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.