Sunday, February 18, 2007

Finishing Touches

Compared to the rest of the work developing the costumes, the few small items left were easy:

  • Gloves
  • The ring of Barahir
  • The Evenstar necklace
  • The Horn of Boromir
I skipped the Elven leaf brooch, because it was such a pain in the neck (literally!), but I may get it sooner or later.

The gloves I purchased through Toughgloves. I got what were called "Bull Rider Gloves". These were sold singly, so for the Aragorn costume, I got a single right, for Boromir a pair, and Faramir a pair. Toughgloves didn't have the right color for the Faramir set, so I got a lighter color and - you guessed it - Fiebing leather dyed it! It looks like they replaced the Bull Rider Gloves with item number G200 - Deerskin Leather Gloves.

The Barahir ring and the Evenstar necklace I got off of eBay. These look really good with the outfit. The Evenstar pendant is very light and the ring looks a bit rougher, considering that it was made over 5000 Middle Earth years ago! I just needed a stronger sterling silver chain and I picked that up at a jewelry store.




The Horn of Boromir was a one-of-a-kind eBay find. All it needed was a little bit of gold paint and some detailed painting with silver enamel. I hand-braided the strap and I was done!

No comments: