Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I've been PODGORNY'ed !!!

As I was going through the comments on the blog (and many thanks to the folks who are leaving comments!) , I came across a rather interesting one. Some kind and generous soul has located the current whereabouts of Gregory Podgorny.

It seems that I am not alone in being hornswaggled by the infamous Greg Podorny. For a sampling of stories that would make your hair curl, check out this myspace link. It seems Greg has graduated to the level of grand theft - he apparently absconded with over $10,000 on another commission. I believe that I can count myself lucky that I "only" lost $2000, plus a $400 commissioned sword.

Several people have tried contacting his brother George (the lawyer) or his daddy George (the doctor) - all attempts have been met with a rather stony silence. Myself included. Greg currently shares an answering service with George (which one, I'm not sure). I left a message and (surprise, surprise!) received no response.

The common response I've heard is "You should get a lawyer." While I would like to get my money back, I am not a fan of throwing good money after bad. I was fortunate to have JJ being able to do the swordwork far better than the piece I received from Eyal, but I don't have unlimited funds. And I would rather spend my hard-earned cash on something material.

What I'm hoping for is twofold: one - I can get a comprehensive listing of all the people defrauded (and dollars lost) and two - some no-holds-barred, take-no-prisoners lawyer in the Winston-Salem area would love to spearhead a class-action suit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been given a contact trying to deal with the famous podgorney

essajohngso@yahoo.com. is the adress to share. They even have his present adress in North Carolina.