Thursday, June 26, 2008

Telcontari

In one of the comments I had in an earlier post, I was asked how my Strider outfit(s) came out. Thanks to my wonder workers (Andrea, Joey and Reg) the answer was (and still is) AMAZING.

I had a chance a few weeks back to put on the outfits and take pictures. I find it a bit of a surprise every time I put one of these costumes on just how comfortable it is - from the boots to the duster and cape. To some extent, I can attribute that to my being in good physical shape - however, I would never look this good if it wasn't for the folks that have been working with me for several years.

I tried to take as many of the Aragorn "timepoints" as I could. There are definitely times when it is difficult holding the camera remote and the sword!

At Bree:


At the River Anduin, just past the Argonath:

Leaving Lothrien:

Near the Falls of Rauros / Amon Hen:


The Fields of Rohan / The Paths of the Dead:

Helm's Deep:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice!!! Why do you wear your belt on the outside of your duster though? I think I remember it always being under it in the films.

Thanks for posting the pics. It's a very nice costume. Who made the brown Jerkin? Is it made of leather, or suede maybe? Anyway, I was the guy who asked how the outfit came out, so kudos for reading and responding to your comments.

Herion said...

Hey th,

There were some times when it was worn under the duster, over the duster, and even in Moria, over the cloak. The jerkin is made of suede and was made by Ravenswood Leather.

Stay tuned for the Faramir/Ithilien outfit. The sword is being delivered soon!

Anonymous said...

Very nice, I'm sure the Faramir sword will be impressive.